Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rosie's BBQ

Rosie's BBQ (10220 Topanga Cyn. Blvd., just south of Devonshire) is quite possibly the least promising looking restaurant in Chatsworth (which is saying something, have you driven by the Hungry Ninja?) For one, it always looks empty and closed. For two, I am from Texas and am dubious of barbeque this far west of the Lone Star State.  However, a fat man that Jeff knows recommended it and we always take restaurant advice from fat men as they are rarely wrong.  

The place was totally empty when we went in and the picture above shows it as bustling as it got.  However, I think that's because it is primarily a catering business rather than a sit-down eatery.  We sat down and ate anyway (well, Nathan crawled all over the booths) and especially liked the Sergeant Pepper and Elvis tapestries hanging above our table.  

One thing I have learned about California barbeque is that you should always order the tri-tip (thank you, Santa Maria!) and the tri-tip did not disappoint.  It was perfectly smoked and I totally regret splitting a sandwich with Jeff- I could have eaten the whole thing.  The jus alongside was not that spectacular but the barbeque sauce was decent.  Potato salad was grocery store style, and garlic rolls were a mistake of a side order.  We also accidentally ordered potato chips, not realizing the sandwich came with potato chips, so we got a double order which was way too much (and they were pretty boring).

I wouldn't go back there to eat, but I would pick up a tri tip if I didn't feel like smoking my own. I'd just make my own sides.

1 comment:

Brock and Somer Holt said...

We should be around for Christmas and would love to see you. Congrats on the 5k, it is more than I have done!